Monday, January 16, 2012

Preppy: Cultivating Ivy Style

As I was perusing the Re-Lilly Facebook page this weekend (more on this later, as I also found a dress I had been searching for!) I came across a mention of this new book, by Jeffrey Banks and Doris de la Chapelle:

I can't wait to order a copy of this book--an added bonus is the foreward by Lilly Pulitzer herself!  The book charts the evolution of the "preppy" style, complete with photographs and vintage ads, with a focus on influential and iconic designers like Lilly and Ralph Lauren:

I love getting new ideas and inspiration for outfits and looks. I am sure that this book will give me lots of new material to work with!  (The above ad is from Ralph Lauren's Tweed Run in NYC this fall and I am actually going to duplicate this look this week, with a long Lauren black floral chiffon sleeveless dress over a black turtleneck and black tights, and under a tweed Blue Label hacking jacket.)

No comments:

Post a Comment