Friday, January 6, 2012

Keep Calm and Have a Cupcake

My husband and I went to our local Barnes & Noble one evening last week and I found this little item that I had to have.  I love the British "Keep Calm and Carry On" theme and thought this was a cute reinterpretation of it!  I always carry a note pad in my purse for shopping lists, ideas, etc. and my current pad is almost used up so I actually needed this...

I have a Nook and so does my husband so it had been a while since we browsed in an "actual" bookstore.  We checked out all of the best sellers and new releases on the front tables, the after Christmas bargains in the sale bin, and even the 2012 calendars.  We ended up having a light dinner at the Starbucks in the store which was surprisingly good.  I had a panini and a cup of Harney & Sons tea and we shared a sugar cookie.  Afterwards we browsed the magazine racks.  Remember the days pre-Internet and pre-E-readers?  We had forgotten how pleasant such a simple activity can be!

No comments:

Post a Comment