Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Elizabeth McKay in Watch Hill, RI

My  husband is from Rhode Island and years ago he introduced me to the delightful beachside town of Watch Hill.



  Imagine my excitement when I learned that Elizabeth McKay is opening a boutique there!  It will be located at 101 Bay Street, which is just down the street from one of my favorite restaurants, the Olympia Tea Room:

The Tea Room was opened in 1916 as an icecream parlor and still maintains the 20's look, with ceiling fans and black/white tiled floor. One of my favorite dishes is the "Avondale swan"--a fantasy of a puff pastry cut in half and shaped like a swan, filled with icecream and floating on a pool of chocolate!
The Elizabeth McKay store will be just down the street.  Here is a sneak peak of the new facade:

I can't wait to visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment